* Organise ""SMRITI" a group, dedicated to the recitation of Vishnusahasranama and Bhagavad Gita.
* Invite spiritual scholars for discourses.
* Classes to promote learning of Indian languages, classical music, dance and yoga.
* Weekly activity groups for youth and elderly and women's forum.
* Provide help and support for isolated, vulnerable and marginalised in the community by encouraging them to participate and to develop self confidence.
* Encourage our youth and adolescents to keep them occupied and develop skills as per their interests that will keep them engaged in a constructive way.
In order to accomplish the mission of this Association, we continue to arrange regular activities on various topics. India Centre is also opened daily for family group activities between 6PM and 8PM. Our sessions last about an hour and a half. Most of the discourses are in Sanskrit also described in Hindi, English, Punjabi & Gujrati by Pundit Shastri. The weekly gatherings are held at "India Centre", Sanquhar Street, Splott, Cardiff CF24 2AA every Sunday at 12:30PM.
This Association has been in existence for more than fifteen years and in its present location at India Centre for seven years. It is important for us to rally around our core values and invite more participation form the wider community who are willing to contribute their time and effort.
India Centre HCA Wales - Hindu Cultural Association is a charitable trust (1002569) run by Indian Community in Wales whose aim is to facilitate seamless integration of the Indian Community to the wider local community. Support us by donating using Gift Aid Donation form (Pdf). We also have an secure online facility through Charities Trust UK if you choose to donate by credit or debit card.
This Association intends to provide opportunity and resources for the Indian community, advancement of education especially for the younger generation. Provide a sense of identity for the pan-Indian community in South Wales by developing Indian culture, values and traditions through education, training and social and cultural activities among Indian community. Though mostly people from pan-Indian background attend activities at the centre, however all are encouraged to attend who wish to learn, understand, and participate in our activities.
Welcome to India Centre (HCA) Wales Cardiff
India Centre proudly presents
AKBAR AND GROUP SIDDDI DHAMAL JAMNAGAR(GUJARAT)
Sunday, 21st April 2013
from 6pm onward
The India Centre, Sanguhar Street, Cardiff
followed by Vegetarian dinner.
Tickets are subsidised at
£10 advance purchase
£15 at the door
Sharda Sharma (02920 843 287)
Kamla Syal (07788 444 491)
Sunaina Purbey (07837 223 686)
Poonam Singhal (02920 592 634)
As the tickets are limited, it will be on first come, first serve basis. So please hurry and reserve your ticket today.
- Dr Chandrahas Roy